Lumwana Mine Company is offering opportunities for internship development programme to highly committed persons to gain industrial experience under the Maintenance Department.
The interns will be reporting to the Maintenance Coordinator and will be responsible for assisting the Supervisor in establishment of preventative and responsive maintenance and development within the maintenance area and across the site, to ensure maximum operational performance is achieved in a safe and cost effective manner while ensuring compliance with relevant procedures, polices, legal requirements and consent conditions. Through mentoring and coaching, they will be required to perform duties which will include, but are not be limited to the following:
- Actively participate in identification and implementation of projects that demonstrate working in an environment of continuous improvement.
- Ensure personal and team compliance with statutory acts and regulations and consent conditions.Participate in development of personal training strategies and undertake appropriate training modules.
- Carry out administrative functions commensurate with the role..
- Actively participate in maintenance activity to gain experience
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time.
To be considered for Internship, you must meet the following requirements:
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Advanced Technician Certificate in Heavy Equipment Repair from a recognized Learning Institution Must be a team orientated player and have good interpersonal skills.
- Must have a driver’s license.
- Ability to work in a team
- Willingness to learn
- Must be familiar with safe working practices.
For more details about the opportunity click on this Link to download a detailed advert.